Tooth Extraction in Marietta
Extract Damaged Teeth Quickly and Expertly in Marietta
A tooth or teeth extraction may be necessary if you experience problems with your teeth in Marietta.
If you experience a problem with your teeth, you should see a skilled dentist as soon as possible. Pain typically will only get worse and requires either removal (extraction) or a root canal to eliminate the infection and pain. Though a tooth extraction may sound unpleasant, Dr. VanGalder’s patients nearly always respond with joy at how quickly and expertly he will have even difficult teeth removed with absolute comfort. We specialize in dental emergencies and offer same-day appointments for urgent dental needs like tooth extractions.
Benefits of Tooth Extraction
Tooth extraction may be your best treatment option for several reasons. If a dental extraction is called for, your dentist will outline your condition and the reasons he recommends removing the problematic tooth.
- When a tooth is severely decayed, the infection could pose a threat to adjacent teeth. In some cases, dental extraction is the best way to eliminate the source of a severe infection to prevent the spread of bacteria throughout your mouth.
- Patients with weakened immune systems may not be able to fight off infection from a damaged or decayed tooth as effectively as those with a healthy immune system. These patients may also benefit from dental extraction to protect their dental and overall health.
- Crowded teeth can affect the look of your smile and your face, as well as put your teeth at risk for premature wear due to uneven forces. Furthermore, an impacted wisdom tooth is much more likely to damage adjacent teeth or harbor infection. Removing impacted wisdom teeth allows your remaining teeth the room they need to sit properly in your mouth and maintain the look of your smile.
Discussing Tooth Extraction
Before a tooth extraction, your dentist will go over the procedure and the basic steps of tooth extraction aftercare. In most cases, tooth extraction process are simple and smooth; however, the number of teeth removed and the complexity of the procedure may affect your dentist’s aftercare recommendations. Asking questions and taking notes will help you remember the important points to speed your recovery.
- If you are taking any medication, let your dentist know. You may need to change your medication dosage or schedule, especially if you are on blood thinners.
- Ask for recommendations of foods you should eat following your procedure, as well as how long you should stick to a modified diet after your dental extraction.
- Talk to your dentist about whether you will need to schedule a follow-up for monitoring or suture removal.
Our staff has more than 35 years of dentistry experience, so you can be assured that you are in the best and most caring hands. Dr. VanGalder personally has over 29 years’ experience and safely extracts over 17,000 teeth a year. Our office also provides free second opinions if you wish to bring your x-rays from your current dentist.
We offer the most affordable rates around on extractions. Call our office in Marietta today at (770) 426-0288 and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you in setting up an appointment and answering any questions you may have. We take pride in bringing comfort to our patients during all extraction procedures.
What Makes Us Different?
- Walk-Ins Welcome
- Warm, Supportive Staff
- Anxiety-Free Procedures
- Brighter, Healthier Smiles
- Emergency Appointments
- Comfort Is Our Top Priority
- The Deluxe Denture