Dental Implant Alternatives in Marietta
If you have a missing tooth or set of teeth, it’s important to find a dental solution as quickly as possible to restore the proper functionality and aesthetic appearance of your mouth. While many dentists will tell you that dental implants are the only way to go in cases of tooth replacement, the truth is that there are actually several options to consider when looking for dental solution for your missing tooth or teeth. Here at Atlanta Denutres, our dental professionals proudly offer wide range of dental implant alternatives — including dentures and fixed crown and bridge systems — for patients in the greater Atlanta, GA area. Learn more about these dental implant alternatives below, and contact our office at (770) 426-0288 to schedule an appointment with us today!
The Drawbacks of Dental Implants
Though an effective solution for missing teeth, dental implants aren’t always the best choice for every given case. In fact, dental implants have a number of factors that prospective patients should consider before committing to any procedures. Potential drawbacks of dental implants include:
- Intensive surgery and time before permanent replacement teeth are affixed. After intensive surgery, it takes up to six months for dental implants to fuse to the jawbone. In the meantime, patients must wear temporary teeth before permanent pontics are affixed to the implants.
- Risk of infection and the need for extra dental work. Dental implants do pose a significant risk of infecting the gums and jaw area. They can also require additional dental work, such as bone grafting, if a patient’s jaw bone is too weak to fuse to the implant properly (this often happens in cases where a patient suffers from osteoporosis).
- Cost. Dental implants aren’t typically covered by most insurance plans, leaving patients to pay thousands of dollars upfront for their procedures.
Dental Implant Alternatives
If you are in need of a tooth-replacement solution but are actively looking for an alternative to dental implants, then we have good news for you. Here at Atlanta Dentures, we proudly offer several dental implant alternatives, including dentures and fixed crown and bridge systems. Below, you’ll find a brief overview of each of these alternatives and their unique advantages.
Dentures are an affordable and highly-effective means of replacing large sets of teeth. Easily removable, modern dentures are both comfortable to wear and incredibly natural-looking.
Fixed Crown and Bridge Systems
A dental crown and bridge is a procedure used to replace teeth in a more permanent manner than dentures. The name “bridge,” describes how the procedure itself works: it bridges the gap between teeth. Bridge systems are cemented to existing teeth or to implants and are then capped with crowns. This procedure is an excellent option for maintaining a natural-looking,even if you are missing just one or two teeth.
Schedule a Free Consultation at Atlanta Dentures Today!
Here at Atlanta Dentures, we take a patient-centric approach to dentistry. Our dental team is committed to providing our clients with the highest-quality dental services available anywhere in the region. If you are interested in learning more about any of our available dental implant alternatives, we invite you contact our Marietta, GA office at (770) 426-0288 to schedule a free consultation with our dental professionals today.
What Makes Us Different?
- Walk-Ins Welcome
- Warm, Supportive Staff
- Anxiety-Free Procedures
- Brighter, Healthier Smiles
- Emergency Appointments
- Comfort Is Our Top Priority
- The Deluxe Denture