Dental Emergencies in Atlanta, GA
Avulsed Tooth Treatment and More From Atlanta Dentures
Many people do not consider visiting the dentist when they have a dental emergency. And unfortunately, most people who visit the emergency room for a dental-related issue receive incomplete and unresolved treatment, complete with a vague referral to the dentist. Rather than spend the money in the emergency room, only to receive a referral to the dentist, visit Atlanta Dentures in the first place. We provide excellent care during dental emergencies to our Atlanta, GA patients. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have a toothache or a knocked-out tooth – also called an avulsed tooth. We can help you get your life back to normal.
Common Types Of Dental Emergencies We Treat
Don’t ignore a dental emergency. They are health risks, just like a broken leg or burst appendix. In fact, many dental emergencies can become life-threatening if ignored. But what is a dental emergency? At Atlanta Dentures, we want to help our patients understand what constitutes a dental emergency and when to contact us. This way, they can avoid long-term damage to their health. Dental emergencies include severe pain or swelling in the oral cavity. Some of the most common dental emergencies include:
- Toothaches: A toothache or sharp tooth pain is a common indicator of tooth decay, tooth infection, infected gums, and several other serious dental problems. If you experience any kind of tooth pain, see our dental professionals before it gets worse.
- Avulsed Tooth: Commonly referred to as a knocked-out tooth, avulsed teeth occur when the tooth has been completely dislodged from the cavity. If this happens, place it in whole milk or Hank’s balanced salt solution, or the patient’s own saliva.
Emergency Dental Procedures
We treat each dental emergency differently based on a broad set of criteria. First, we will investigate the status of your tooth before starting the correct procedure. Some of the most common emergency dental procedures include:
- Tooth Extraction: If your tooth is beyond saving, an emergency tooth extraction may be necessary. After your gums sufficiently heal, you might consider filling the gap with a custom partial denture.
- Root Canal: Severe tooth pain is often an indicator of bacteria infiltrating the tooth’s pulp. An emergency root canal may be necessary to remove the infected tissue and save the tooth.
- Pulpotomy: If you have an infection, a pulpotomy is an option. We use a pulpotomy procedure when the pulp root is not injured or decayed. In this case, we only remove the affected pulp.
- Pulpectomy: If the tooth’s pulp root – as well as the rest of the pulp, is seriously decayed or traumatized, then we must remove all of the pulp, cleanse the root canal, and replace it with biocompatible materials.
- Therapeutic Dressings: Following surgery, root canals, or other dental emergency treatments, we use therapeutic dressings to sterilize the wound, prevent infection, relieve pain, and promote healing.
Contact Us Today If You Have a Dental Emergency
At Atlanta Dentures, we want to keep you as comfortable as possible while resolving your dental emergency. Whatever procedure is needed, you can count on us to be gentle and compassionate throughout the procedure. We OFFER sedation dentistry, a safe and effective method of easing pain and discomfort during any procedure. Our team specializes in tooth replacements, so if your tooth emergency results in a permanently lost tooth, we can help. Contact us today to schedule an emergency appointment.
What Makes Us Different?
- Warm, Supportive Staff
- Anxiety-Free Procedures
- Brighter, Healthier Smiles
- Emergency Appointments
- Comfort Is Our Top Priority