Atlanta Dentures Helps Prevent Cavities
Sugar is a typical sweet ingredient that can wreak havoc on your teeth. At Atlanta Dentures in Marietta, GA, we provide education about cavities and the sugar culprit that is often the cause of the painful cavity. A cavity is a hole in your tooth caused by plaque buildup and tooth decay. We offer comprehensive dental services for patients of all ages to battle cavities and boost oral health. Part of our outstanding services includes educating patients about keeping their teeth and mouth in the best health possible. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
How Does Sugar Cause Cavities?
Your mouth is naturally full of bacteria that love to feed on sugar. When bacteria combine with sugar, they produce acids that bind to tooth enamel and cause it to deteriorate. The residual acids on your teeth contribute to plaque formation and remove minerals from your tooth enamel. Saliva naturally helps reverse this damage during remineralization, strengthening your teeth. Over time, this repetitive cycle weakens and destroys enamel, forming a cavity.
Signs You’re Consuming Too Much Sugar
The most common signs you’re consuming too much sugar include:
- Constantly feeling tired
- Acne breakouts
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Weight gain
- Cavities or other tooth decay issues
How to Prevent Cavities
Even if you have a sweet tooth, you can do your part to prevent cavities. The best ways to prevent cavities include:
- Brush Teeth Regularly –It’s essential to brush your teeth twice a day for optimal oral health. If you eat a lot of sugar, never skip brushing your teeth.
- Floss Teeth –Flossing is an essential part of oral health that many people overlook. Flossing your teeth helps eliminate any food stuck between your teeth.
- Chew Gum – Chewing sugar-free gum helps rid of any sugar that is stuck in your teeth. Your mouth produces additional saliva to help wash away sugar in your mouth
- Cut Down on Sugar –It’s best for your overall health to indulge in sweet treats occasionally. Try to avoid soft drinks or other sugary beverages and stick to water.
Signs of Cavities
It’s important to contact us if you experienced any of the signs and symptoms of cavities, including:
- Tooth sensitivity
- Pain when eating or drinking sugary foods or drinks
- Pits in your teeth
- Staining on surfaces of teeth
The Atlanta Dentures Difference
Our Atlanta Dentures team has treated Marietta, GA, and the surrounding areas for over 35 years. We offer the best dental services to our patients, from dental implants and sedation dentistry to tooth replacements and dental crowns, we’re here for you. Our personalized services ensure you get the best possible treatment. We offer emergency dental services in your time of need and always help you through each step of the dental process. We’re committed to helping you feel comfortable in our dental chair.
Contact Atlanta Dentures Today
We Atlanta Dentures understand that a dental cavity can be painful and scary. We’ll diagnose and treat your oral problems as soon as possible to help you get back to daily activities without pain. We stay updated on the latest dental innovations to boost your oral health. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment.